Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thurs, Feb. 16, 2012

Here is a new one that is not finished. The size is 10" x 30." It is difficult to depict the subtleties altho you can click on the image to see more detail. I'm really enjoying the straightforward-ness of using various color panels with small forms within. And these are very much informed by the sound experimentation that I've been conducting at the studio. Tomorrow I'll post a photo of the set up, for anyone who might be curious about what has been eating up so much time over the last 2 or 3 weeks. Creating sounds has been a major obsession and, consequently, the painting has been relegated to a distant second place. But today I painted more than made sound. The act of painting is very grounding and centering whereas sound production has taken me to the furthest reaches of outer and inner space...

No comments:

Post a Comment