Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thurs, Nov. 17, 2011

Nice parallax, eh? Oh well, at least you get a rough idea of what the painting currently looks like. As mentioned previously, I'm working on producing a hard edged, non-blurry work. The colors are not straight; they're being built up (there's a slight transparency that reveals the underpainting). It's a bit clunky but worth the effort to see where it goes/how it ends up. Exploratory. I think of Jean Arp or even some Matisse paintings/paper cuttings.

 Some of the shapes remind me of things. As an example, the blue shape on the left reminds me of a goose and the red orange one on the right makes me think of a pig. Obviously, that was not the intent!
 So take a look at this one because nothing is going to be posted for over a week. Click on the image to enlarge it. And I'd love to receive comments in the mean time...

1 comment:

  1. I like it a lot....want to see a bit more variation in the solid blocks of paint.....you know those Motowi tiles I showed you in Boulder? There are solid blocks of color with some variations around the edges....

    ReplyDelete